Choosing a new dentist is not always easy. Everyone wants to have a dentist capable of creating a smile that could grace the cover of
The first step to achieving the smile of your dreams is by choosing the right dentist.
People expect their dentist to be at the top of their field, to know exactly what their patients want, and to provide services and treatment inexpensively and efficiently.
While there are dentists out there who do provide such quality of service, they are not always easy to find. To achieve the smile you want, to have the oral health you need, and to pay a price you can afford, you need to be able to find the right dentist!
The following advice from Lightwood Dental can help you find the dentist who can give you the resources, skills, and expertise you need to maximize the health of your teeth and gums, as well as ensure improved overall health.
Where to Begin Your Search for the Perfect Dentist
Recommendations from family and friends
A recommendation from someone you know is a good way to find a local dentist. Ask friends, family members, coworkers, and
Parents and staff members at your child’s school can also be a good place to find out who might be a good fit for your family.
If you’ve recently relocated or are planning to move, ask your previous dentist if there is anyone they might recommend.
Your physician, pharmacist, and other medical care providers may also be good resources in finding a qualified dental health professional.
Search Professional Listings
There are a number of listings that feature dental health professionals in your area. These can be found online or through local organizations in your community.
A dental association makes it easy to find doctors in your area. You can find out about their locations, specializations, education, and background through these resources.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Dentist
The following are questions to ask dentists and/or yourself during an appointment:
Questions to Ask Them
- How long has the dentist been in business?
- Do they have the proper qualifications?
- Where did they receive their education and training?
- How much experience do they have with the procedure(s) you require?
- How often do they attend continuing education courses and conferences?
- What types of
anesthesiado they offer that they are they certified to use?
- What insurance plans/companies do they accept?
- What methods of payment do they accept?
- Do they offer payment plans?
- Do they provide care for both adults and children (if you have kids)? If so, is the environment kid-friendly (games, toys, books, etc.)?
emergency care services dothey provide?
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Are their location and hours of operation convenient? Will they work with your schedule?
- Are they and their admin staff willing to answer your questions?
- Are they friendly? Do they make
yourfeel comfortable? Doesthe office and the equipment look neat, orderly and clean? Doestheir technology and equipment look new?
- Do they wear gloves and other personal protection equipment while providing treatment?
- Do they ask questions to learn more about your situation and take notes on their findings?
- How well do they explain your oral health situation, the treatments you require and the procedures that will be done?
- Do they communicate in simple terms, without confusing or technical jargon?
- Do they discuss both the benefits of the procedure and possible side effects or problems?
- Did they thoroughly examine your mouth, gums and teeth?
- Was your dental and medical history recorded and filed?
Once these questions are answered, it’s time for the final step!
Visit the Dentist
Once you have narrowed down your search, go on a visit. Most dentists are happy to let you visit before making the decision to take them on. A visit gives you a chance to meet with the dental team and learn more about how they work, and if you feel comfortable with them. If everything looks good, schedule a brief treatment, something simple like a checkup and clean. Remember, if you aren’t comfortable with a dentist, you have the right to choose another!
After you’ve gone through this process, we are confident that you will choose Lightwood Dental as your dental provider of choice!
The Lightwood Dental Advantage
At Lightwood Dental, your smile is our highest priority. We know that having a healthy and attractive smile is important for your overall health, well-being and self-esteem. That’s why our team of Dentists and staff work together to ensure that your visit is enjoyable and successful. Whatever state your teeth are currently in, Dr Iram Hasan and the team can help you achieve the kind of smile you’ve always wanted.
Lightwood Dental offers evening and Saturday hours