At Lightwood Dental we love giving people brilliant smiles because we believe everyone looks much better when they smile.
However, if you’re afraid of smiling because your pearly whites aren’t so pearly white anymore, or perhaps there are one or two missing, then it’s definitely time to consider a smile makeover.
A smile makeover includes any combination of dental treatments for an aesthetic improvement. A smile makeover changes the lower third of a patients face, but the effects it has can alter the appearance of the entire face, and make everything about you look better!
How a Smile Makeover Can Help
Our Lightwood Dental patients request smile makeovers for a variety of reasons:
- They have lost teeth in areas of the mouth that affect their look.
- They have been in an accident that has harmed the way their teeth and gums look.
- Improper dental care has led to teeth that are decayed, damaged, discolored, cracked and/or broken.
- Crooked or misaligned teeth.
- Painful swollen and bleeding gums.
- Dental challenges as the result of medical issues and/or medications.
Smile makeovers are specifically designed to address groups of these kinds of problems, fixing them in combination, and drastically improving your smile.
Smile Makeover Procedure
The smile makeover begins with an initial consultation including a detailed discussion of your needs and wishes, as well as an assessment of your oral health. Smile makeover treatments are varied. Which treatments are chosen depends on your particular issues and desires. Below, we discuss some of the more popular treatments in detail.
- Dental implants are small, thin, metal rods, which are designed to replace a tooth root and then capped. If you have lost one or many teeth or have badly damaged teeth, implants are a good choice.
- Teeth Whitening can address dingy or discoloured teeth. In office, or take home professional whitening can address this problem.
- Porcelain veneers are very thin shells placed over the front of your teeth to improve their appearance. They can cover discoloured teeth, cracks, gaps, and more.
- Invisalign braces are transparent, which means they are practically invisible. They are used to bring misaligned teeth back into line.
- Laser gum contouring can be used in cases in which too much gum shows when smiling. Your dentist can use a laser to trim any excess visible gum.
- Composite bonding is a cosmetic technique in which composite resin is shaped and molded onto your teeth to create a straighter, whiter smile. Bonding can be a cosmetic solution to chipped teeth, gapped teeth, and staining of teeth or fillings.
Your Lightwood Dental dentist will consult with you to determine what treatments are appropriate for you.
Smile Makeovers in Ferntree Gully
Smile makeovers can dramatically improve your smile. The results are amazing and the transformation of your smile will surely boost your self-esteem. Visit Lightwood Dental today to discover if you’re a good candidate for a smile makeover. Experience the amazing benefits of a smile makeover today!