Invisalign can be an excellent alternative to metal braces for both teens and adults. Unlike conventional braces, with Invisalign there are no food restrictions, no unsightly metal brackets, and less discomfort. You can get straighter teeth, and almost without anyone noticing as the Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible!
At Lightwood Dental, we have used modern orthodontic treatments such as Invisalign in a wide variety of cases. With the use of the latest technology and techniques, we can help you achieve a straighter smile and more functional bite.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners that are customised to fit perfectly over your teeth. The aligners are designed to gradually guide your teeth into proper alignment.
Invisalign is one of the leading orthodontic treatments nowadays for the following reasons:
Completely invisible – the aligners can’t be seen while you are wearing them. Most people don’t even notice someone is wearing Invisalign unless they are told.
Comfortable – Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic and won’t irritate the inside of the mouth. With Invisalign, there is no pain from sharp brackets and wires, or injuries due to broken wires or brackets.
Custom-made – the aligners are personally customised. Your dentist uses imaging technology to create an exact impression of your mouth and teeth. The aligners are made and then fitted by your dentist.
Removable – Invisalign can be easily removed for eating or cleaning teeth, keeping your mouth healthy throughout the entire treatment process.
Effective – In some cases such as issues with your back teeth, need to rotate teeth or move teeth vertically, Invisalign is not recommended. But in cases in which they are recommended and used properly, they are very effective.
The Invisalign Process
- Come and see us for a free consultation to find out if an Invisalign treatment is suitable for you.
- The dentist will create a 3-D model of your mouth.
- The model will be used to structure a plan for moving your teeth into alignment.
- The Invisalign Company will use the model and plan to fabricate a series of aligners just for you.
- The aligners must be worn for at least 22 hours each day.
- You will get new set of aligners approximately every two weeks. The number of aligners that you’ll need will depend on how complex your treatment plan is.
- As you reach the end of your treatment we may need to make some extra refinements to give you the very best results.
- Once your treatment is complete you’ll be given fixed and removable retainers, with instructions for use.
Invisalign at Lightwood Dental
At Lightwood Dental, we love transforming smiles! Simple, nearly undetectable Invisalign can dramatically improve your smile. The results are amazing and the transformation of your smile will not only improve your bite, but also improve your appearance and raise your self-esteem. Visit Lightwood Dental today to discover if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign. Explore the amazing benefits of Invisalign today!